Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Pain
- Opioids for chronic pain: Taking stock.Pain. 2006; 125: 3-4
- Research gaps on use of opioids for chronic noncancer pain: Findings from a review of the evidence for an American Pain Society and American Academy of Pain Medicine clinical practice guideline.J Pain. 2009; 10: 147-159
- Clinical guidelines for the use of chronic opioid therapy in chronic noncancer pain.J Pain. 2009; 10: 113-130
- Opioids for Chronic Low-Back Pain. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews.John Wiley & Sons, Ltd, Chichester, UK2007
- The Oswestry low back pain disability questionnaire.Physiotherapy. 1980; 66: 271-273
Fairbank JC, Pynsent PB: The Oswestry Disability Index. Spine 25:2940-2952; discussion 52, 2000
- Structured Clinical Interview for DSM-IV Axis I Disorders, Clinician Version (SCID-CV), 1st ed.American Psychiatric Press, Inc., Washington, DC1996
- Opioid use for chronic low back pain: A prospective, population-based study among injured workers in Washington state, 2002-2005.Clin J Pain. 2009; 25: 743-751
- A reassessment of trends in the medical use and abuse of opioid analgesics and implications for diversion control: 1997-2002.J Pain Symptom Manage. 2004; 28: 176-188
- Opioids in chronic non-cancer pain: Systematic review of efficacy and safety.Pain. 2004; 112: 372-380
- A Handbook of Statistical Analyses Using SPSS.Chapman & Hall/CRC, Boca Raton, FL2004
- Responsiveness and minimal clinically important difference for pain and disability instruments in low back pain patients.BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2006; 7: 82
- Systematic review: Opioid treatment for chronic back pain: Prevalence, efficacy, and association with addiction.Ann Intern Med. 2007; 146: 116-127
Naliboff B, Wu S, Schieffer B, Pham Q, Baria A, Van Vort W, Davis F, Bolus R, Shekelle P: A prospective trial of opiate prescribing strategies for chronic pain. J Pain 8:S44, 2007
- Opioid therapy in patients with a history of substance abuse.CNS Drugs. 2004; 18: 13-25
- Principles. Principles of Analgesic Use in the Treatment of Acute and Cancer Pain.5th ed. The American Pain Society, Glenview, IL1999
- Pain medication beliefs and medication misuse in chronic pain.J Pain. 2005; 6: 620-629
- Applied Longitudinal Data Analysis: Modeling Change and Event Occurrence, 1st ed.Oxford University Press, New York, NY2003
- Utah clinical guidelines on prescribing opioids for treatment of pain.Utah Department of Health. 2009;
- Opioid pseudoaddiction–an iatrogenic syndrome.Pain. 1989; 36: 363-366
- The addiction behaviors checklist: Validation of a new clinician-based measure of inappropriate opioid use in chronic pain.J Pain Symptom Manage. 2006; 32: 342-351
Grant support provided by Department of Veterans Affairs, Health Services Research and Development.
The authors report no conflicts of interest regarding this study.