Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Gastrointestinal safety of an extended release, nondeformable, oral dosage form (OROS®). A retrospective study.Drug Saf. 2002; 25: 1021-1033
- Comparison of a once-a-day sustained release formulation with standard oral morphine treatment for cancer pain.J Pain Symptom Manage. 1997; 14: 63-73
- Comparative efficacy and safety of long-acting oral opioids for chronic non-cancer pain: A systematic review.J Pain Symptom Manage. 2003; 26: 1026-1048
- Evaluating equivalence and noninferiority trials.Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2010; 67: 1337-1343
- Input characteristics and bioavailability after administration of immediate and a new extended-release formulation of hydromorphone in healthy volunteers.Anesthesiol. 2002; 4: 827-836
- Providing constant analgesia with OROS® hydromorphone.J Pain Symptom Manage. 2007; 33: 19-24
- Once-daily OROS hydromorphone ER compared with placebo in opioid-tolerant patients with chronic low back pain.Curr Med Res Opin. 2010; 26: 1505-1518
- A comparison of long- and short-acting opioids for the treatment of chronic noncancer pain: Tailoring therapy to meet patient needs.Mayo Clin Proc. 2009; 84: 602-612
- Quality of reporting of noninferiority and equivalence randomized trials.JAMA. 2006; 295: 1147-1151
- Reliability and validity of a modified Brief Pain Inventory short form in patients with osteoarthritis.Eur J Pain. 2008; 10: 353-361
- Steday-State pharmacokinetics of extended-release hydromorphone (OROS hydromorphone): A randomized study in healthy volunteers.J Opioid Manag. 2010; 6: 351-358
- A randomized study of the effects of food on the pharmacokinetics of once-daily extended-release hydromorphorne in healthy volunteers.J Clin Pharmacol. 2011; 51: 157-159
- Reporting of noninferiority and equivalence randomized trials: An extension of the CONSORT statement.JAMA. 2006; 295: 1152-1160
Principles of Analgesic Use in Treatment of Acute Pain and Cancer Pain. 6th ed. American Pain Society. 2008
- SAS/STAT software: Changes and enhancements through release 8.2.SAS Institute, Cary, NC2001
- Pharmacokinetic profile of a 24-hour controlled-release OROS formulation of hydromorphone in the presence of alcohol.Curr Med Res Opin. 2008; 24: 297-305
- Efficacy and safety evaluation of once-daily OROS® hydromorphone in patients with chronic low back pain: A pilot open-label study (DO-127).Curr Med Res Opin. 2007; 23: 981-989
- Clinical trial results with OROS® hydromorphone.J Pain Symptom Manage. 2007; 33: 25-32
Funded by Knoll Phamaceuticals and Covidien.
Dr. Cruciani is a member of the Speaker Bureau for Covidien. Dr. Nathaniel Katz was a consultant for Knoll Pharmaceuticals, Alza, Neuromed, and is a consultant for Covidien. During the past 3 years, Dr. Portenoy participated in single advisory meetings sponsored by Neuromed and Covidien, respectively, to discuss the drug evaluated in the study.