Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- A 14-week, randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled monotherapy trial of pregabalin in patients with fibromyalgia.J Pain. 2008; 9: 792-805
- Lack of sex differences in modulation of experimental intraoral pain by diffuse noxious inhibitory controls (DNIC).Pain. 2005; 116: 359-365
- Assessment of pain.Br J Anaesth. 2008; 101: 17-24
- The capsaicin receptor: A heat-activated ion channel in the pain pathway.Nature. 1997; 389: 816-824
- Staircase bioassay: The up-and-down method.Neurosci Biobehav Rev. 1991; 15: 47-50
- Pregabalin for the treatment of postherpetic neuralgia: A randomized, placebo-controlled trial.Neurology. 2003; 60: 1274-1283
- Pregabalin has opioid-sparing effects following augmentation mammaplasty.Aesthet Surg J. 2008; 28: 421-424
- A human experimental capsaicin model for trigeminal sensitization: Gender-specific differences.Pain. 2005; 118: 155-163
- Chronic oral gabapentin reduces elements of central sensitization in human experimental hyperalgesia.Anesthesiology. 2004; 101: 1400-1408
- Gender differences in pain and secondary hyperalgesia after heat/capsaicin sensitization in healthy volunteers.J Pain. 2006; 7: 211-217
- Pain, hyperalgesia and activity in nociceptive C units in humans after intradermal injection of capsaicin.J Physiol. 1992; 448: 749-764
- The median effective dose of bupivacaine, levobupivacaine, and ropivacaine after intrathecal injection in lower limb surgery.Anesth Analg. 2009; 109: 1331-1334
- The up-and-down method substantially reduces the number of animals required to determine antinociceptive ED50 values.J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods. 1998; 40: 81-85
- Human experimental pain models 3: Heat/capsaicin sensitization and intradermal capsaicin models.Methods Mol Biol. 2010; 617: 169-174
- Pregabalin reduces pain and improves sleep and mood disturbances in patients with post-herpetic neuralgia: Results of a randomised, placebo-controlled clinical trial.Pain. 2004; 109: 26-35
- Vanilloid (capsaicin) receptors and mechanisms.Pharmacol Rev. 1999; 51: 159-211
- The median effective dose of preemptive gabapentin on postoperative morphine consumption after posterior lumbar spinal fusion.Anesth Analg. 2008; 106: 305-308
- Efficacy and tolerability of twice daily gabapentin for treating pain and related sleep interference in post herpetic neuralgia: A 13 week randomized trial.Curr Med Res Opin. 2006; 22: 375-384
- Concentration-effect relationships for intravenous alfentanil and ketamine infusions in human volunteers: Effects upon acute thresholds and capsaicin-evoked hyperpathia.J Clin Pharmacol. 2002; 42: 70-80
- Effect of chronic oral gabapentin on capsaicin-induced pain and hyperalgesia: A double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover study.Clin J Pain. 2008; 24: 544-549
- Dose-dependent effects of smoked cannabis on capsaicin-induced pain and hyperalgesia in healthy volunteers.Anesthesiology. 2007; 107: 785-796
- Concentration-effect relations for intravenous lidocaine infusions in human volunteers: Effect on acute sensory thresholds and capsaicin-evoked hyperpathia.Anesthesiology. 1997; 86: 1262-1272
- Effects of oral desipramine on capsaicin induced hyperalgesia.Anesth Analg. 2002; 95: 973-978
- Effect of morphine and pregabalin compared with diphenhydramine hydrochloride and placebo on hyperalgesia and allodynia induced by intradermal capsaicin in healthy male subjects.J Pain. 2008; 9: 1088-1095
- Age-related differences in the time course of capsaicin-induced hyperalgesia.Pain. 2000; 85: 51-58
This study was partially funded by a research grant from Pfizer.
The authors declare no conflict of interests.