Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- When does pain matter? Acknowledging the subjectivity of clinical significance.Pain. 2012; 153: 2311-2314
- Assessment of clinically significant changes in acute pain in children.Acad Emerg Med. 2002; 9: 199-202
- Computer-intensive methods in statistics.Sci Am. 1983; 248: 116-130
- Interpreting the clinical importance of treatment outcomes in chronic pain clinical trials: IMMPACT recommendations.J Pain. 2008; 9: 105-121
- Psychological therapies for the management of chronic and recurrent pain in children and adolescents.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2012; 12: CD003968
- Clinical importance of changes in chronic pain intensity measured on an 11-point numerical pain rating scale.Pain. 2001; 94: 149-158
Hirschfeld G, Zernikow B: Cutpoints for mild, moderate, and severe pain on the VAS for children and adolescents—What can be learned from 10 million ANOVAs? Pain pii: S0304-3959(13)00290-X, 2013
- Variability of “optimal” cut points for mild, moderate, and severe pain: Neglected problems when comparing groups.Pain. 2013; 154: 154-159
- [Pain-related disability in adolescents suffering from chronic pain. Preliminary examination of the Pediatric Pain Disability Index (P-PDI)].Schmerz (Berlin, Germany). 2009; 23: 20
- Pain site and the effects of amputation pain: Further clarification of the meaning of mild, moderate, and severe pain.Pain. 2001; 91: 317-322
- Clinically significant changes in acute pain in a pediatric ED using the Color Analog Scale.Am J Emerg Med. 2007; 25: 739-742
- Core outcome domains and measures for pediatric acute and chronic/recurrent pain clinical trials: PedIMMPACT recommendations.J Pain. 2008; 9: 771-783
- On the use and interpretation of certain test criteria for purposes of statistical inference: Part I.Biometrika. 1928; 20A: 175-240
- Randomized controlled trials of psychological therapies for management of chronic pain in children and adolescents: An updated meta-analytic review.Pain. 2010; 148: 387-397
- Determining the minimum clinically significant difference in visual analog pain score for children.Ann Emerg Med. 2001; 37: 28-31
R Core Team: R: A Language and Environment for Statistical Computing. R Foundation for Statistical Computing Vienna Austria [Internet], 2012. Available at: http://www.R-project.org/
- Minimal clinically important changes in chronic musculoskeletal pain intensity measured on a numerical rating scale.Eur J Pain. 2004; 8: 283-291
- When is cancer pain mild, moderate or severe? Grading pain severity by its interference with function.Pain. 1995; 61: 277-284
- ROCR: Visualizing classifier performance in R.Bioinformatics. 2005; 21: 3940-3941
- Measuring the accuracy of diagnostic systems.Science. 1988; 240: 1285-1293
- A systematic review of faces scales for the self-report of pain intensity in children.Pediatrics. 2010; 126: e1168-e1198
- Do 0–10 numeric rating scores translate into clinically meaningful pain measures for children?.Anesth Analg. 2011; 112: 415-421
- Three new datasets supporting use of the Numerical Rating Scale (NRS-11) for children's self-reports of pain intensity.Pain. 2009; 143: 223-227
No funding was received for this study.
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest, including specific financial interests, relationships, or affiliations relevant to the study.