Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Castarlenas E, Sánchez-Rodríguez E, Tomé-Pires C, Roset R, Vega R de la, Solé E, J. Miró: Uses of technology in the assessment of youth with pain. 14th World Congr Pain Milan; page 12012. Available at: http://algos-dpsico.urv.cat/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/poster_milan_elena.pdf
- Core outcome measures for chronic pain clinical trials: IMMPACT recommendations.Pain. 2005; 113: 9-19
- Development of a new computer method to assess children's pain.Pain Med. 2007; 8: S121-S128
- Computer Face Scale for measuring pediatric pain and mood.J Pain. 2009; 10: 173-179
- The Faces Pain Scale-Revised: Toward a common metric in pediatric pain measurement.Pain. 2001; 93: 173-183
- Paper versus electronic rating scales for pain assessment: A prospective, randomised, cross-over validation study with 200 chronic pain patients.Curr Med Res Opin. 2008; 24: 1797-1806
- Comparing diary and retrospective reports of pain and activity restriction in children and adolescents with chronic pain conditions.Clin J Pain. 2009; 25: 299-306
- Teens and Technology 2013.Washington DC, Largo Project, 2013: 1-19 (Available at: http://www.pewinternet.org/2013/03/13/teens-and-technology-2013/. Accessed June 25, 2014)
- Technology in pediatric pain management.in: Finley G. McGrath P. Chambers C. Bringing Pain Relief to Children. Humana Press, Totowa, NJ2006: 159-176
- A new analogue scale for assessing children's pain: An initial validation study.Pain. 1996; 64: 435-443
- Evaluation of reliability, validity and preference for a pain intensity scale for use with the elderly.J Pain. 2005; 6: 727-735
- Dolor crónico: procedimientos de evaluación e intervención psicológica.Desclée de Brouwer, Bilbao, Spain2003
- Compliance with momentary pain measurement using electronic diaries: A systematic review.Eur J Pain. 2009; 13: 354-365
Nielsen J: Why you only need to test with 5 users [Internet]. Jakob Nielsen's Alertbox. 2000 [cited 2013 Jun 29]. Available at: http://www.nngroup.com/articles/why-you-only-need-to-test-with-5-users/
- Zero to Eight: Children's Media Use in America 2013.Common Sense Media, San Francisco2013
- The concept of product usability.ISO Bull. 2003; 34: 5-7
- Is designing hermeneutical?.Archit Theory Rev. 1996; 1: 65-97
Society for Technical Communication: Previous use of technology questionnaire [Internet]. Usability User Exp. Resour. [cited 2013 Jun 28]. Available at: http://www.stcsig.org/usability/resources/toolkit/toolkit.html
- Systematic review of the psychometric properties, interpretability and feasibility of self-report pain intensity measures for use in clinical trials in children and adolescents.Pain. 2006; 125: 143-157
- Usability testing of an online self-management program for adolescents with juvenile idiopathic arthritis.J Med Internet Res. 2010; 12: e30
- e-Ouch: usability testing of an electronic chronic pain diary for adolescents with arthritis.Clin J Pain. 2006; 22: 295-305
- Construct validity of a multidimensional electronic pain diary for adolescents with arthritis.Pain. 2008; 136: 281-292
- Working out the kinks: Testing the feasibility of an electronic pain diary for adolescents with arthritis.Pain Res Manag. 2008; 13: 375-382
- There's an app for that: Mobile technology is a new advantage in managing chronic pain.Pain Clin Updat. 2013; XXI: 1-7
- Brief report: Assessment of children's gastrointestinal symptoms for clinical trials.J Pediatr Psychol. 2002; 27: 303-307
- Electronic and paper versions of a faces pain intensity scale: Concordance and preference in hospitalized children.BMC Pediatr. 2011; 11: 87
Sencha framework [Internet]. [cited 2013 Jun 14]. Available at: http://www.sencha.com/products/touch/
This study was partly funded by the Spanish Ministry of Science (PSI2012-32471), the Catalan government (AGAUR; 2009 SGR 434), Universitat Rovira I Virgili (PFR Program, and CRAMC), Fundació La Marató de TV3, and RecerCaixa.
R.V. is supported by a doctoral grant from the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation. E.S.-R. is supported by a doctoral grant from the Catalan Government and by the CRAMC. J.M.'s work is supported by Institució Catalana de Recerca i Estudis Avançats (ICREA-Acadèmia).
The authors have no conflicts of interest.