- •Findings include the spatial heterogeneity of cortical excitability in migraine.
- •The degree of heterogeneous cortical excitability is related to headache frequency.
- •Spatially targeted normalization of cortical excitability may alleviate headaches.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Cathodal transcranial direct current stimulation of the visual cortex in the prophylactic treatment of migraine.Cephalalgia. 2011; 31: 820-828
- Handedness, eyedness, and crossed hand-eye dominance in male and female patients with migraine with and without aura: A pilot study.Percept Mot Skills. 2005; 100: 1137-1142
- Synaptic mechanisms of synchronized gamma oscillations in inhibitory interneuron networks.Nat Rev Neurosci. 2007; 8: 45-56
- Cortical hyperexcitability in migraine patients before and after sodium valproate treatment.J Clin Neurophysiol. 2005; 22: 65-67
- Reduced cerebellar inhibition in migraine with aura: A TMS study.Cerebellum. 2009; 8: 260-266
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation of visual cortex in migraine patients: A systematic review with meta-analysis.J Headache Pain. 2012; 13: 339-349
- Visual cortex excitability and plasticity associated with remission from chronic to episodic migraine.Cephalalgia. 2012; 32: 537-543
- Increased variability of motor cortical excitability to transcranial magnetic stimulation in migraine: A new clue to an old enigma.J Headache Pain. 2012; 13: 29-37
- Cortical excitability in chronic migraine.Curr Pain Headache Rep. 2012; 16: 93-100
- From different neurophysiological methods to conflicting pathophysiological views in migraine: A critical review of literature.Clin Neurophysiol. 2014; 125: 1721-1730
- Cyclical changes of cortical excitability and metaplasticity in migraine: Evidence from a repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation study.Pain. 2014; 155: 1070-1078
- Child neurology: Migraine with aura in children.Neurology. 2010; 75: e16-e19
- Aberrant neuromagnetic activation in the motor cortex in children with acute migraine: A magnetoencephalography study.PLoS One. 2012; 7: e50095
- The International Classification of Headache Disorders, 3rd edition (beta version).Cephalalgia. 2013; 33: 629-808
- Current approaches to the diagnosis and management of paediatric migraine.Lancet Neurol. 2010; 9: 190-204
- Pediatric headache.Pediatr Ann. 2005; 34: 426-429
- Chronic daily headaches in children.Curr Pain Headache Rep. 2006; 10: 370-376
- Treatment of pediatric and adolescent migraine.Pediatr Ann. 2010; 39: 416-423
- Development of a patient-based grading scale for PedMIDAS.Cephalalgia. 2004; 24: 844-849
- Use of the ICHD-II criteria in the diagnosis of pediatric migraine.Headache. 2005; 45: 1288-1297
- Interhemispheric differences of fMRI responses to visual stimuli in patients with side-fixed migraine aura.Hum Brain Mapp. 2014; 35: 2714-2723
- High gamma oscillations of sensorimotor cortex during unilateral movement in the developing brain: A MEG study.Brain Topogr. 2011; 23: 375-384
- Gamma oscillations in the primary motor cortex studied with MEG.Brain Dev. 2010; 32: 619-624
- Impaired auditory information processing during acute migraine: A magnetoencephalography study.Int J Neurosci. 2011; 121: 355-365
- Time, frequency and volumetric differences of high-frequency neuromagnetic oscillation between left and right somatosensory cortices.Int J Psychophysiol. 2009; 72: 102-110
- Chronic migraine: Epidemiology and disease burden.Curr Pain Headache Rep. 2011; 15: 70-78
- Pathophysiology of chronic migraine and mode of action of preventive medications.Headache. 2011; 51: 84-92
- Cortical and subcortical interactions during action reprogramming and their related white matter pathways.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010; 107: 13240-13245
- Abnormal sensorimotor plasticity in migraine without aura patients.Pain. 2013; 154: 1738-1742
- New frontiers in headache therapy.Neurol Sci. 2011; 32: S105-S109
- Somatosensory high frequency oscillations reflect clinical fluctuations in migraine.Clin Neurophysiol. 2012; 123: 2050-2056
- Enhanced pain-induced activity of pain-processing regions in a case-control study of episodic migraine.Cephalalgia. 2014; 34: 947-958
- Abnormal changes of synaptic excitability in migraine with aura.Cerebral Cortex. 2012; 22: 2207-2216
- Childhood migraine.Adv Pediatr. 2000; 47: 161-197
- Identification of abnormal neuromagnetic signatures in the motor cortex of adolescent migraine.Headache. 2010; 50: 1005-1016
- Neuromagnetic abnormality of motor cortical activation and phases of headache attacks in childhood migraine.PLoS One. 2013; 8: e83669
- Altered cortical activation in adolescents with acute migraine: A magnetoencephalography study.J Pain. 2013; 14: 1553-1563
- Volumetric imaging of brain activity with spatial-frequency decoding of neuromagnetic signals.J Neurosci Methods. 2015; 239: 114-128
- Accumulated source imaging of brain activity with both low and high-frequency neuromagnetic signals.Front Neuroinform. 2014; 8: 57
This project was supported by grant number R21NS072817 and 1R21NS081420-01A1 from the National Institutes of Health , National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke .
The authors have no conflicts of interest to declare.