- •We investigated the Committed Action Questionnaire in patients with chronic pain.
- •We included 149 patients with pain in the analyses.
- •Results of the analyses showed support for the 2-factor model.
- •The 2 factors were significantly associated with psychosocial functioning.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Text Revision: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders-TR.American Psychiatric Association, Washington, DC2000
American Psychological Association’s Society of Clinical Psychology: Research-supported psychological treatments: Chronic or persistent pain. Available at: http://www.div12.org/psychological-treatments/disorders/chronic-or-persistent-pain/
- An introduction to modern missing data analyses.J School Psychol. 2010; 48: 5-37
- The Sickness Impact Profile: Development and final revision of a health status measure.Med Care. 1981; 19: 787-805
- Alternative ways of assessing model fit.in: Bollen K.A. Long J.S. Testing Structural Models. Sage Publications, Newbury Park, CA1993: 136-162
- Evaluating goodness-of-fit indexes for testing measurement invariance.Struct Equ Modeling. 2002; 9: 233-255
- A power primer.Psychol Bulletin. 1992; 112: 155-159
- Scale Development: Theory and Applications.SAGE publications, Thousand Oaks, CA2012
- G*Power: A general power analysis program.Behav Res Methods. 1996; 28: 175-191
- The Cambridge Dictionary of Statistics.4th ed. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK2010
- Willing and able: A closer look at pain willingness and activity engagement on the Chronic Pain Acceptance Questionnaire (CPAQ-8).J Pain. 2013; 14: 233-245
- Behavioral Methods for Chronic Pain And Illness.Mosby, St. Louis1976
- Comorbidity of chronic pain and mental health disorders: The biopsychosocial perspective.Am Psychol. 2004; 59: 795-805
- Interdisciplinary chronic pain management: Past, present, and future.Am Psychol. 2014; 69: 119-130
- Missing data in alcohol clinical trials: A comparison of methods.Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2013; 37: 2152-2160
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy: The Process and Practice of Mindful Change.2nd ed. Guilford Press, New York2012
- Cutoff criteria for fit indexes in covariance structure analysis: Conventional criteria versus new alternatives.Struct Equ Modeling. 1999; 6: 1-55
- Diagnostic accuracy of the British Columbia Major Depression Inventory.Psychol Rep. 2004; 95: 1241-1247
- Reporting practices in confirmatory factor analysis: An overview and some recommendations.Psychol Methods. 2009; 14: 6
- Living well with pain: Development and preliminary evaluation of the valued living scale.Pain Med. 2015; 16: 2109-2120
- Principles and Practice of Structural Equation Modeling.3rd ed. Guilford Press, New York2011
- Pain-related fear in low back pain: A prospective study in the general population.Eur J Pain. 2007; 11: 256-266
- Outline of a fear-avoidance model of exaggerated pain perception.Behav Res Ther. 1983; 21: 401-408
- An acceptance and commitment therapy skills-training manual for therapists.New Harbinger Publications, Oakland, CA2007
- Committed action: An application of the psychological flexibility model to activity patterns in chronic pain.J Pain. 2013; 14: 828-835
- A short version of the Pain Anxiety Symptoms Scale (PASS–20): Preliminary development and validity.Pain Res Manag. 2002; 7: 45-50
- A prospective analysis of acceptance of pain and values-based action in patients with chronic pain.Health Psychol. 2008; 27: 215-220
- The role of values in a contextual cognitive-behavioral approach to chronic pain.Pain. 2006; 123: 137-145
- Beyond nociception: The imprecision hypothesis of chronic pain.Pain. 2015; 156: 35-38
Muthén LK, Muthén BO. Mplus User's Guide. Seventh Edition. Los Angeles, CA, Muthén & Muthén, 1998-2015
- Long-term opioid therapy for chronic noncancer pain: A systematic review and meta-analysis of efficacy and safety.J Pain Symptom Manage. 2008; 35: 214-228
- Psychometric evaluation of the Pain Anxiety Symptoms Scale (PASS) in chronic pain patients.J Behav Med. 2004; 27: 167-183
- An exploratory and confirmatory factor-analytic investigation of item wording effects on the obtained factor structures of survey questionnaire measures.J Manage. 1995; 21: 1177-1193
- Chapter 13: Prinicipal components and factor analysis.in: Tabachnick B.G. Fidell L.S. Using Multivariate Statistics. Pearson, Boston, MA2001: 607-675
- Chapter 14: Structural equation modeling.in: Tabachnick B.G. Fidell L.S. Using Multivariate Statistics. Pearson, Boston, MA2001: 715
- Fear-avoidance and its consequences in chronic musculoskeletal pain: A state of the art.Pain. 2000; 85: 317-332
- Evaluating outcomes in the interdisciplinary treatment of chronic pain: A guide for practicing clinicians.in: Schatman M.E. Campbell A. Chronic Pain Management: Guidelines for Multidisciplinary Program Development. Informa, New York2007: 203-220
- Acceptance and values-based action in chronic pain: A three-year follow-up analysis of treatment effectiveness and process.Behav Res Ther. 2011; 49: 748-755
- Psychological flexibility in coping with chronic pain: Further examination of the Brief Pain Coping Inventory-2.Clin J Pain. 2014; 30: 324-330
- A comprehensive examination of the model underlying acceptance and commitment therapy for chronic pain.Behav Ther. 2014; 45: 390-401
- Acceptance and commitment therapy for chronic pain: Evidence of mediation and clinically significant change following an abbreviated interdisciplinary program of rehabilitation.J Pain. 2014; 15: 101-113
The authors have no conflicts of interest to declare.