- •Analysis of all chronic pain disorders in workers.
- •New information on the characterization of pain disorders and their impact.
- •Identification of profiles of workers at varying risk of developing chronic pain.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Pain
- Information bias in health research: Definition, pitfalls, and adjustment methods.J Multidiscip Healthc. 2016; 9: 211-217
- Epidemiology of chronic pain: A population-based nationwide study on its prevalence, characteristics and associated disability in Portugal.J Pain. 2012; 13: 773-783
- Obesity-related mortality in France, Italy, and the United States: A comparison using multiple cause-of-death analysis.Int J Public Health. 2017; 62: 623-629
- Examining risk for persistent pain among adults with overweight status.Pain Manag Nurs. 2018; 19: 549-556
- Comparison of pain syndromes associated with nervous or somatic lesions and development of a new neuropathic pain diagnostic questionnaire (DN4).Pain. 2005; 114: 29-36
- Prevalence of chronic pain with neuropathic characteristics in the general population.Pain. 2008; 136: 380-387
- Survey of chronic pain in Europe: Prevalence, impact on daily life, and treatment.Eur J Pain. 2006; 10: 287
- The individual and societal burden of chronic pain in Europe: The case for strategic prioritisation and action to improve knowledge and availability of appropriate care.BMC Public Health. 2013; 13: 1229
- QuickStats: Age-adjusted percentage of adults aged ≥18 years who were never in pain, in pain some days, or in pain most days or every day in the past 6 months, by employment status — national health interview survey, United States, 2016.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2017; 66: 796
- Prevalence of chronic pain with or without neuropathic characteristics in France using the capture-recapture method: A population-based study.Pain. 2018; 159: 2394-2402
- Pain assessment: Global use of the brief pain inventory.Ann Acad Med Singap. 1994; 23: 129-138
- Chronic low back pain among French healthcare workers and prognostic factors of return to work (RTW): A non-randomized controlled trial.J Occup Med Toxicol. 2015; 10: 40
- The prevalence of probable neuropathic pain in the US: Results from a multimodal general-population health survey.J Pain Res. 2017; 10: 2525-2538
- The role of psychosocial processes in the development and maintenance of chronic pain.J Pain. 2016; 17: T70-T92
- Musculoskeletal pain in Europe: The role of personal, occupational, and social risk factors.Scand J Work Environ Health. 2014; 40: 36-46
- Do multiple outcome measures require p-value adjustment?.BMC Med Res Methodol. 2002; 2: 8
- An evaluation of the association between fibromyalgia and repetitive strain injuries in metalworkers of an industry in Guarulhos, Brazil.Joint Bone Spine. 2001; 68: 59-64
- Cross-validation of item selection and scoring for the SF-12 health survey in nine countries: Results from the IQOLA project. International quality of life assessment.J Clin Epidemiol. 1998; 51: 1171-1178
- The Economic costs of pain in the United States.J Pain. 2012; 13: 715-724
- Global, regional, and national incidence, prevalence, and years lived with disability for 301 acute and chronic diseases and injuries in 188 countries, 1990-2013: A systematic analysis for the Global Burden Of Disease Study 2013.Lancet. 2015; 386: 743-800
- Global physical activity levels: Surveillance progress, pitfalls, and prospects.Lancet. 2012; 380: 247-257
- The REDCap consortium: Building an international community of software platform partners.J Biomed Inform. 2019; 95103208
- Research electronic data capture (REDCap)—A metadata-driven methodology and workflow process for providing translational research informatics support.J Biomed Inform. 2009; 42: 377-381
- Neuropathic pain in the general population: A systematic review of epidemiological studies.Pain. 2014; 155: 654-662
- Predictive risk factors for chronic regional and multisite musculoskeletal pain: A 5-year prospective study in a working population.Pain. 2014; 155: 937-943
- The global burden of low back pain: Estimates from the Global Burden of Disease 2010 study.Ann Rheum Dis. 2014; 73: 968-974
- Mental health disorders in general practice in France: A cross-sectional survey.Transl Biomed. 2016; 7: 4
- Chronic pain prevalence.JAMA. 2018; 320: 1632
- The epidemiology of chronic pain.Pain. 2016; 157: 2158-2159
- The Tampa scale: A measure of kinisophobia.Clin J Pain. 1991; 7: 51
- Models for Discrete Longitudinal Data.Springer-Verlag, New York, NY2005
- Chronic pain in the Republic of Ireland–community prevalence, psychosocial profile and predictors of pain-related disability: Results from the prevalence, impact and cost of chronic Pain (PRIME) study, part 1.Pain. 2011; 152: 1096-1103
- Psychosocial risk and management of physical diseases.J Behav Med. 2019; 42: 16-33
- Does physical activity influence the relationship between low back pain and obesity?.Spine J. 2014; 14: 209-216
- Correspondence analysis is a useful tool to uncover the relationships among categorical variables.J Clin Epidemiol. 2010; 63: 638-646
- Systematic review of prognostic factors for return to work in workers with sub acute and chronic low back pain.J Occup Rehabil. 2017; 27: 369-381
- Obesity and pain are associated in the United States.Obesity (Silver Spring). 2012; 20: 1491-1495
- Catastrophizing, pain, and disability in patients with soft-tissue injuries.Pain. 1998; 77: 253-260
- United States National Pain Strategy for Population Research: Concepts, definitions, and pilot data.J Pain. 2016; 17: 1068-1080
- A Fear-Avoidance Beliefs Questionnaire (FABQ) and the role of fear-avoidance beliefs in chronic low back pain and disability.Pain. 1993; 52: 157-168
- Study of chronic pain and its associated risk factors among Japanese industry workers: The Quality of Working Life Influenced by Chronic pain (QWLIC) study.Sangyo Eiseigaku Zasshi. 2017; 59: 125-134
- Comparison of self-report data and medical records data: Results from a case-control study on prostate cancer.Int J Epidemiol. 1999; 28: 409-417
- The hospital anxiety and depression scale.Acta Psychiatr Scand. 1983; 67: 361-370
IASP Terminology - IASP. Available at: https://www.iasp-pain.org/Education/Content.aspx?ItemNumber=1698. Accessed August 17, 2020
Impact of pain on society costs the EU up to 441 billion Euros annually. Societal Impact of Pain (SIP). Available at: https://www.sip-platform.eu/press-area/article/impact-of-pain-on-society-costs-the-eu-up-to-441-billion-euros-annually. Accessed October 30, 2019
Population active − Tableaux de l’Économie Française | Insee. Available at: https://www.insee.fr/fr/statistiques/1906671?sommaire=1906743#tableau-T16F041G2. Accessed August 20, 2019
Funding: This research was funded by the Analgesia Institute (Clermont-Ferrand, France), IKEA France (Paris, France) and the University Hospital of Clermont-Ferrand.
Conflicts of interest: None of the authors declare a conflict of interest.
Registration number: NCT03277885.